Saturday, January 4, 2014

January 4th

Q: What is your best memory of last year?

A: Wow. A year is a long time to try to remember everything that has happened, but this memory is pretty good.

In early 2011 my dad got sick and eventually died of leukemia later that same year. That began a very difficult time for me and I struggled with some moderate depression after for over a year. That is not a good memory, is it? Well, stay with me.

About every six weeks I get together with a few dear friends to talk about how our lives are going and what we think God wants us to pursue. We've been doing this for a few years now, and it's a checkpoint that helps all of us focus on what is important (and what's not). It was during a meeting last Spring that I began to realize that I was moving out of that depression. I had energy and things were interesting and I wanted to do things. It was a great feeling.

1 comment: