Friday, May 9, 2008

Ovaltine

If you ever think about starting a blog where you have to update 3 or more times a day, I recommend that you discard the idea. It's just silly.

That being said...it's time for a food related posting.

I've heard quite a few commercials about Ovaltine on the radio. Usually it is compared to Hershey's syrup or Nesquick. Many of the commercials feature kids who are rabid for the stuff. I know that commercials are mostly just lies, but something else I now know is that none of those kids who like Ovaltine have ever tasted Hershey's syrup or Nesquick.

I had opportunity to taste a chocolate milk-like beverage made from Ovaltine recently. It tasted just like chocolate milk...that had been poured over coffee grounds...watered down...and mixed with 5 smooth stones from a nearby brook.

Well, that's that. From now on this blog is about Communism.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you are back. This better not have been a tease! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that the lack of posts didn't mean you weren't eating.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in 7th grade, I said that scouting was more like communism than democracy and really upset all my leaders. I didn't know I was being politically incorrect, but just thought that all the communal camping activities, etc. seemed more like the communal farms etc. that we had heard about in Russia. Oops! That was during the cold war, which I also didn't really know anything about at the time. BTW, glad to hear you drink that milk out of the cereal! No sense in wasting it! Also your diet doesn't seem to be very good, except for the occasional green meal. haha- Mom

    ReplyDelete