Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 25th

Q: What is your super power?

A: Hmm...well the age old question about what super power would you pick if you could pick one is easy. Unlimited speed. There are just so many applications from pro sports to crime fighting (or crime committing).

However, I will give you one that feels like a super power sometimes. The ability to understand culture quickly. I am very good at looking at context clues in the environment and determining the appropriate way to act. This can be socially (harder for me) or determining an available course of action (very natural)

This happened to me on a train in England once. Some announcement was coming on about a train derailment and stations being closed and my group looked to me to decipher the garbled message and route us around using the posted maps. I was able to do that readily!

No comments:

Post a Comment